View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #100 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I know Dan. I think you missed this post: Looking for an SUV

http://www.the370z.com/images/370zfo...and%20tear.JPG

I was actually shocked how much it covered. It's actually 1990 parts that's covered. So, minus the everyday wear and tear parts (tires, breake pads/rotors, clutch etc), this Gold Preferred covers everything and this is straight from oem NIssan that literally extends that bumper to bumper coverage. If tomm my engine blows up or transmission takes a crap, I don't have to spend 1 penny. Whether dealer spends $10,000 or $20,000 dollars, I don't pay anything.

Gold preferred at a glance: https://owners.nissanusa.com/content...plans/Gold.pdf

Parts in detail that's covered (first column): http://www.vadennissanprotectionplan...chart-2013.pdf

Of course I remember! Do you remember in early 09-10 when we got a oil temp threads every other day? Every car has it's ups and downs. This forum is here to discuss it all. We welcome truthful criticism just like if not MORE than any other forum. But you have to understand there's a fine difference between truthful honest criticism vs. everyone chiming in and causing a riot. We always appreciate feedback from affected owners. We have hundreds and thousands of threads where members wrote (and write everyday) about good and bad things about the z over the years. However there's a threshold or limit how far we let a thread go to prevent drama/personal attacks etc. We don't delete threads but we lock it when it gets out of control. You can use the search feature and I'm sure you'll find hundreds of oil temps threads, brake icying threads, steering lock threads, fuel starvation threads, 6spd manual vs auto and many other topics. They are all there. Since this is a privately owned (me) forum (vs corporation run ie. Internet Brands or autoguide etc), it's run with limited manpower. So if I see a thread that's going out of control, I close it to review or come back to it at a later time. I have a life outside the forum, you know. You and me had our ups and down over the years and at the end you are still here. I think that says something

Yes they are. That's why I always tell people (those who wants peace of mind) - buy a bmw and trade it in on the 4th year for a new one and continue that cycle.

Aren't the Grand Cherokees are now benz made? I thought it was made on GL chassis? I think you'll be super happy with the grand Cherokee. Only problem is that gas mileage on the v8 . Toyota 4runners are GREAT too but they hold their value like crazy. So, you may not find a newer model or low mileage with the 4 runner. My recommendation will be (out of those) is FJC (FJ Cruiser, right?). If you like what it offers and as long as you like the look (IMO, appearance is it's biggest drawback), I think you can get one brand new, no? Full bumper to bumper warranty etc. There's no way you can get x3 or x5 with 20K budget.
The FJC holds insane value, and the 4wd loaded ones are mid 20's even with 60k miles, etc.
The GJC now is a Benz platform, but I'm not sure about '09-'10. I average 22mpg with my Z. The 16-18 that I project with the GJC, esp. Being able to run 87 in it won't bother much much.

I like the FJC looks, but they seem to have a near cult appeal to those who do, and the used prices are high, imo.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote