View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #321 (permalink)
N8GTOL
Base Member

Drives: and flies
N8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond repute

Update from my last post...so my dealer (Mossy Nissan Escondido) confirmed a third CSC failure in 20K miles. I do have to say hats off to my dealer though. I explained what was going on and that something else in the assembly had to be prematurely failing the CSC aside from it's inherently poor design. They took my concerns to heart and they (yes THEY...without any prompting from me) started talks with Nissan HQ to make sure it got fixed right this time. On their first tear down of the tranny they replaced the CSC and their master tech checked out everything...the clutch/flywheel/master/pressure plate to see if everything was within spec. Nothing was out of spec (aside from the leaking CSC) so they put it all back together. Once it was back together they checked it again and didn't like the amount of play/chatter so they tore it all apart one more time and replaced everything. I even got some GTR fluid, ha!

When I picked the car up on Tuesday night, I immediately noticed a huge difference. My clutch used to chattered off and on from the day I bought it new and others on here had complained about the noisy nature of our clutch, so I just assumed that's how it was. It drove fine before, even though it chattered, so it didn't bother me too bad. But now...the engagement is much better and I can shift it like butter every time now. Best of all, there is no chatter to be found at all! I cannot say enough good things about my dealer. They have always been great to go to (I used to drive 30 miles to service my car at this particular dealer) but their extra effort to fix this issue has spoken volumes of their customer service. Time will tell if this CSC will hold, but so far I am very pleased.
N8GTOL is offline   Reply With Quote