View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #3174 (permalink)
jaybulls
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 TOUR/6/FI CF/RC
jaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw2546 View Post
Installed my non resonated hfc's and Carbon fiber CBE with 12 inch resonators on Monday and Tuesday. Yes, I took my time. Lol. Installation of the hfc's were a bit frustrating. Those bolts were a bitch to get loose. Had to use 1/2 drive stuff. Also had to remove the steering knuckle to get the big stuff on the bolt. The CBE went on perfectly and fit and finish is top notch. I also installed an R2C intake as well. Went for first real drive today and all I can say is that it sounds amazing. It is loud. I think it is louder inside the car than outside the car though. Not a bad thing. Nissan definitely needs to work on their sound deadening material. No rasp at all but there is definitely drone, especially at around 50 to 60 mph. Guess i will just have to go faster. The hiss is annoying but I can live with it. No hiss as long as your on the gas. I will be on the gas a lot. Great product Tony. Anyone thinking of purchasing this product it is well worth it.
love my FI set-up, as well...i've found, as far as the drone goes, once you reach your desired peak mph, back off just a bit, and the drone disappears...

your pipes haven't broken in yet, too...that took me about 200 miles on the way to vegas from tony's...noticeible reduction in "noise" (loudness) after that...

if by "hiss" do you mean the "rattle-snake-rattle"...?

it's not my place to say this, butt, youse guyz are lucky tony's still puttin' out da product for the z...i was told a few months ago that he was considering abandoning our cars exhaust system...juan hopes that's not true...it's a smokin' pipe...

happy merry, tone, and gang...

Last edited by jaybulls; 12-20-2013 at 12:35 PM.
jaybulls is offline   Reply With Quote