View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #706 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybone View Post
well last months was a let down for the car that was "supposed" to show up, so yes hopefully the new Z arrived at Detroit, but also I think Nissan should be releasing the new Maxima and Murano soon, don't know if they'd do more than one major reveal per show? Who knows...
Looking forward to the Inifinti Q50 Aue Rouge concept and I can't say I know for sure, but we all know that Benz/Infiniti are going to be sharing engines and platforms, and we know the new C-class C400 has a twin turbo 6 with 330hp/360tq ... I would venture to say that a educated guess would be expect this 3.0 ltr (can't say I've read V6 or inline 6 though, I assume V6 but the insider news indicate a inline 6 is again in the drawing board for Benz eventually) to be in the Infiniti concept and would make sense to drop this into the new Z as well...
I'm sure Benz will have a 3.0 base motor and probably a higher displacement version too (in the 400hp range)... I'd say 400hp in the Infiniti but only the 330hp version for the Z with the higher one for a Nismo version..
Anyway just guessing but if you follow the industry you notice trends and what happens out there usually follows these trends... This just feels like a likely outcome
This wont happen, 1st off i seriously doubt Nissan will drop a Mercedes engine in a Z. 2nd the GTR is a V6TT so they wont overlap them even though the GTR motor is far superior it would still be the exact same motor choice which will not be found.

My assumption is a 4 cylinder turbo engine with 315hp curb weight of 2800 pounds and another option of a 3.5 liter 300hp motor with a hybrid electric 50-60hp motor attached with 2900-3000 pound curb weight.

Last edited by Volk Z; 12-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.