View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #109 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzSpeng View Post
On the topic of a pressurized tank, I along with millions of people probably feel the same way about things big companies do in terms of engineering or product manufacturing. Just because they put some thought into it doesn't mean it was the right idea to move forward on. We dont know the true reason they changed the design of the tank, I am all for doing some testing to figure out what the true pressure reaches inside the oem car with oem pressurized coolant reservoir and then coming up with a solution from there.

There has to be a concise reason why the tank design changes from a non pressurized, to a pressurized. The reason might not be a good one but there is a reason for sure! Lets work together to figure out what that reason is and if it has a direct impact on the performance of the car in any way.
They wouldn't have made a change and spent money if there wasn't a clear reason why. These cars run hot already. If I had to guess, they wanted to increase cooling performance since they were stressing the system more adding the oil cooler the 2012s+ got.