View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #108 (permalink)
AzSpeng
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Skyline GTR
AzSpeng is a jewel in the roughAzSpeng is a jewel in the roughAzSpeng is a jewel in the roughAzSpeng is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to AzSpeng

I hear ya on the little more of a pain in the *** to check! I do respect that but the tubes out the site have been discussed by everyone in the shop and we have all agreed that its not a route we want to see our products take. That being said though. I might have a neat idea for an actual "window" and we can talk about that right now.

Does the window have to be positioned on the side of the tank? Notice the oem tank is plastic and the "gauge" is on the backside of the container which is difficult to see since you have to look from inside the engine bay towards the front of the car to see the min/max lines. I see a feasible way to add a sight glass or a sealed window to the top of the tank without too much fuss.

The window or and even the SIGHT TUBE poses a real issue in regards to a pressurized tank. The sight tubes absolutely cannot withstand the pressure of a coolant system.

On the topic of a pressurized tank, I along with millions of people probably feel the same way about things big companies do in terms of engineering or product manufacturing. Just because they put some thought into it doesn't mean it was the right idea to move forward on. We dont know the true reason they changed the design of the tank, I am all for doing some testing to figure out what the true pressure reaches inside the oem car with oem pressurized coolant reservoir and then coming up with a solution from there.

There has to be a concise reason why the tank design changes from a non pressurized, to a pressurized. The reason might not be a good one but there is a reason for sure! Lets work together to figure out what that reason is and if it has a direct impact on the performance of the car in any way.
AzSpeng is offline   Reply With Quote