View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #93 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I'm not taking it personally. I already mentioned my concern. I'm sorry that you had to go though hell. We all have done it with some cars in past. Who knows, my next car could be completely lemon. I don't have any control over it. But I'm not going to label that whole model and manufacturer as "crap". I'll just try to accept the fact that I have an unfortunate sloppy car and I'd try to get rid of it. Sometimes in life things happen like this. We have no control over it. It's all part of life. You should look into BMWs (x3 or x5) as they carry 100% maintenance free service first 4 years. Even rotors, pads and tires are included! Anything else you buy, there's no guarantee this won't happen again. I think BMW has a VERY good first 4 year maintenance plan

Feel free to pm me and we can discuss this further. Let keep this thread on topic.
I agree, and would go that route in a heartbeat, or Mercedes, which I think is similar/identical re:service plans, except I am trying to keep D/I very favorable because I don't know how much I will make where I'm going, and want to not worry about cutting it close on D/I for the house.

I may well go with that after 3-5 more years, but for the intermediate future, I'd like something in the $20K +-$2500 range. That should be nice, serviceable, and last 5-7 years if it's a normal experience.

Yes, crap happens, but it's crazy that it was undiagnosable, the company threw me under the bus, etc. I mean, if my car had some issues and they sorted it out and shoot my hand and it didn't cost me anything, yeah, that's life, but that's not how I feel that it went.

Currently:

--2009-2010 Grand Jeep Cherokee V8/AWD/Limited or Overland (I like the amenities and the AWD system it uses and the 357hp V8)
--FJC (I like the looks)
--Toyota 4Runner (I have never seen one die. Never heard of one dying.)

That's kindof where I'm at.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote