View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Making a blanket statement about Japanese vehicles based on your experience with one brand is asinine, especially considering you're taking the position that American vehicles, Chrysler products in particular are going to be more reliable.
Well, they can't be any worse than my 370Z has been.
The LX/Land Cruiser or 4runner would be the only Toyota SUV I'd recommend these days for any serious offroad work. Does it have to be a SUV, or can it be a truck? Throw a top on the back of a Tacoma and you've got a hell of a vehicle to beat up offroad. The problem with most SUVs these days is that they're really just tall station wagons. What kind of terrain are you dealing with?
I'm not so concerned with terrain as I am snow, gravel, and traction-limiting surfaces. I don't need a ton of articulation, just decent ground clearance and traction.

I want a moderate size space that is cliamate controlled. The Grand Jeep Cherokee/ Nissan XTerra/Trailblazer are about what I need. I don't want anything like an Escape, nor do I need a Tahoe sized vehicle.

All of the Lexus's my friends have had had issues. One was an RX400? Whatever that SUV is. Burned oil badly, suspension issues, etc. Very expensive to fix. Was not fixable for any reasonable cost.

You're actually the second person to make that EXACT suggestion about the Tacoma. I just want the extra seating, as well as the function of an SUV for that space is all. Also, trucks have never appealed to me. I don't own a boat, horse, or lawn-service.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote