View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Anything older than 2009 is going to be murder to finance, and I don't have the liquid cash to buy it outright considering the recent land purchase.

I'm also going to be very VERY reticent to get into any Japanese brands again. I've only owned Nissan and Infiniti, so far, but they are horrible and I would never own another one. I'm trading vehicles as much because I need to as to just get rid of this Nissan. Hate the cheap construction and poor reliability and all the issues they have.

Every Grand Cherokee owner I have talked to of the newer models LOVES theirs. All the Nissan owners I talk to in "real space" have been very displeased with poor quality/reliability, except for a few XTerra owners. The XTerra is a consideration, but it's not as refined as the jeep, or as capable, and costs a similar amount.

I'm just very leery of the Japanese brands. I'd consider a Toyota, but they seem very down on features/power compared to American vehicles of similar years, and they cost more to boot.
Making a blanket statement about Japanese vehicles based on your experience with one brand is asinine, especially considering you're taking the position that American vehicles, Chrysler products in particular are going to be more reliable.

The LX/Land Cruiser or 4runner would be the only Toyota SUV I'd recommend these days for any serious offroad work. Does it have to be a SUV, or can it be a truck? Throw a top on the back of a Tacoma and you've got a hell of a vehicle to beat up offroad. The problem with most SUVs these days is that they're really just tall station wagons. What kind of terrain are you dealing with?