View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #103 (permalink)
puckshaw
Track Member

Drives: 09 PW 370Z Touring
puckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to all

Got underneath the car last night to try and get the exhaust to line up better. It seemed like I still had a small leak at the rear v-bands. I loosened everything up and discovered by pushing the y-pipe as far to the passenger side as it would go, things lined up much better. The thing that threw me off at first is at first glance it looks way off, but the flex sections allow it to bend into position pretty much perfectly. Without doing this, I wasn't able to get the faces lined up flush. It was a little tricky getting things tightened up while trying to keep everything in position since I was having to pull things in different directions but I managed. Took it for a spin this morning and believe that did the trick.

I also found a couple very small oil leaks and snugged up those connections. I'll check again tonight to make sure they're fixed. I do still have something that rattles a tiny bit when I go over moderate bumps. I'm sure it's an oil line or something like that. Probably going to be hard to track down since I can't really simulate it while under the car.

Two more days until I get her tuned