View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan370z View Post
both of you have valid point
so I will shut up ! hehe

if we come back on topic about the oem muffler , it means it cannot support high revving of the engine for an extended period of time.... no matter with cats or test pipe... I just dont see why the muffler would start rattle with just the test pipe ,, i haven't really pushed the oem muffler with cats anyway...

but it was mentioned also by another guy having test pipe and going thru 2 oem muffler ... might be a coincidence ? or the inside baffles are just poorly designed.
I think its the increased flow test pipes provide over cats combined with poor baffles that causes the rattling. I have a nismo and my muffler is fine granted I only had test pipes on for about a month.

It could also be caused by backfire, I know on decel or when up shifting I hear burbles and pops come from my exhaust, which is normal for a car with no cats to do. Heck Zs with muffler deletes pop on occasion.
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote