View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #2390 (permalink)
Alkatraz
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Skyline 370GT
Alkatraz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel View Post
Yeah, everyone wants to pull out in last minute from this GB, only 7 months of waiting, shame on you bastards

Lesson is simple, those who paid upfront with big trust for GTM to be very first in line for the kit when it's ready, have to be patient to the very end or pay the fee. On the sidenote, I'm not able to understand why anyone paid before they deliver...because the brand awarness was strong?
Holy mother of god! Seriously??? This will be my last answer on this subject, the message isn't getting through.

The 'restocking fee' which is only payable by people who took advantage of the layaway option and no one else was written into contracts that were signed well before any delay had occurred or was even expected (both by GTM or us buyers). Every single person on the group buy has the option of pulling out should they so desire. For some there will be costs involved in doing so, for others not. Those for whom a cost would be incurred were made fully aware of this potential cost before they signed up and were aware of the risk. In order to get the advantage of a layaway option, they chose to accept this risk. We can debate whether or not GTM should charge it after these massive delays (I wouldn't) all day long but it doesn't change the facts. Does the massive delay suck? Hell yeah it does but every single person who put money on the table knew (or at least should have known) that the risk of delay was there. Im not surprised that it has been delayed, i am only surprised by how much it has been delayed. I can also completely understand how this type of delay would occur on a project like this and how GTM's systems are failing them especially when it comes to communication. Does that make it right? No. Is it going to hurt them in the long run? Yes. Are they doing it all on purpose just to screw everyone over? No.

The main reason people paid upfront is because the kits will be supplied on a first paid first served basis. Along with this I personally paid many months ago because it looked to me as though the exchange rate would drop and the kit would be more expensive if I waited (a gamble that proved to be a good one). Others would have paid because they are like a lot of people and if they have the money sitting around then they would probably spend it on something else.

After all this maybe I probably should ask Mike for a little discount......