View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
kdo2milger
OG Priesthood

Drives: NISMO T
kdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
Yeah, they turn on by themselves whenever the engine is running and the parking brake is disengaged. I've looked all over the fuse box for a way to turn them off, but pulling out the fuse disables the lights completely. There's no easy way to disable the DRL. Aftermarket lights won't matter because they will still be receiving eletricity from the power circuit. The programming is stored in the body control module. I have no idea if the dealer's scan tool or one of the aftermarket access ports are able to access the BCM and turn off the DRL. I'd be very happy if there was a way to disable the DRL, just to reduce wear and tear on those expensive halogen headlights, and also so I don't look like an idiot who forgot to turn off his lights on a bright and sunny August morning.
oh im sure JoeD will dispute your claims with good reason...