View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Whtfairladyz
Base Member

Drives: '92 Nissan 300zx
Whtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10370zx View Post
I just read that the Setrab Series 6 is a bit taller than the Series 9, so irrespective of rows it sounds like I'll need to make sure I get a Series 9 core - especially because I'm running a stock bumper and I'm not too keen on cutting holes in it to let more air in.

This brings me to my next question (albeit maybe a stupid one)... looking at pics of the 34 row it looks fairly tall, so will the extra rows even do me any good if they're hiding behind the bumper?

Can anyone who has either a 25 row or a 34 row comment on this i.e. how much (if any) of the cooler being blocked by the stock bumper?
Wrong....a 9 series is WIDER than a 6 series core.

The issue with a 9 series is that it will not tuck neatly between the core support openings. A 6 series will.

A 34 row core will hold more volume. If you question a taller core and its performance....then ask yourself why Nissan put such a large radiator .

The answer comes down to velocity of the air entering the facia, the ducting around the opening and a few other variables.

The size of the core which YOU need is also not clear cut. Your driving style will have alot to do with the size core that you need. In addition to your enviornment, fascia design and so forth.