View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #1602 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Update,

Happy Holidays to everyone out there.

It has been a while since I did a "large update". This is to catch everyone up to speed. For our customers on the list, I was able to reach most of you last Friday afternoon, so you know where we are at. As some of you know, TerribleOne "our prototype" received his car back the day after Thanksgiving. I know that he has been putting some miles on it and we all look forward to his review, when he is ready.

Currently we have 3 x 370's in our shop. Nklear, cycy89 and faceglide. On top of that HotRodz car is at SpecialtyZ. Sebastian is doing his install. They are about 20 minutes away from us, so we give each other feedback on a daily basis. We wanted one of our certified installers to install their first production kit at the same time we were doing ours so we could get some constructive criticism on what was easy for him and any tweaks we need to make to the Installation Manual. dirty_ShoeZ kit will be shipping right after the New Year. It was supposed to ship this Friday the 20th however his exhaust manifolds will not be back from Ceramic Coating until Christmas Eve. We were both in agreement that the kit is safer here until the holidays are over opposed to going in transit with UPS. Way too big of a shipping risk with the first kit in the mail during the holidays!

Rolling in to January we have some more installs here at the shop. We plan on making some serious headway on cycy89's 7AT car. He dropped the car off originally in August (a little prematurely) but the wait will be worth it. We plan on using his car for our Transmission upgrades. During that same month mfeinst, armbar3 and Arrvaxx will all be arriving. All being shipped from Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Missouri. We thank you all for trusting us with your cars. By months end in to early February we a confident that our next batch of Exhaust Manifolds will be completed and ready for shipment. All of you on the list with kits being shipped already know this. Your patience is so greatly appreciated!

Short term, we are expecting to have Nklear and Hotrodz car completed and on the dyno either at weeks end or early next week. You will all be updated with the results and at that time we will launch the "Fast Intentions FINISHED Twin Turbo Kits" thread, or something along those lines.

Here are pictures of the progress of Nklear's car...

Above: Right after the stock Clutch/Flywheel assembly was removed. We also just replaced the Pilot Bushing.

Above: SpecialtyZ "Billet Aluminum" rebuildable Flywheel! Weighing in at 13lbs.

Above: What we are doing here is sliding the clutch disk over the input shaft of the transmission. Using a "lapping compound" for lubrication. What this does is take of any burrs or ridges off and create a clean marriage between the two.

Above: The SpecialtyZ Max 6-Puck Disc. This disk is what we have in the prototype car and is rated up to 675 RWH. A great choice for heavy street use with the occasional track day.

Above: The SpecialtyZ Pressure Plate. The height has been shortened to save weight. The entire Clutch Flywheel assembly weighs in at 31lbs.

Above: SpecialtyZ has incorporated a Tilton racing Slave to achieve the proper release, and ensure maximum clutch life.

Below: These pictures need no introduction. Enjoy and if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to pm, email or call me directly.

One last thing...If I have the energy tomorrow, I will post more pictures of the progress. Intercooler tubing, Intercooler and oil related parts. Hopefully sometime Wednesday-Thursday she fires up.

Thank you all,

Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"

Last edited by F.I. Inc.; 12-16-2013 at 11:10 PM.
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote