View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #2310 (permalink)
elperuano
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: G37S
elperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
I am no longer in the group by either. When I signed up it took GTM a few minutes to respond to my questions regarding the kit, and they swiftly accepted my money. I signed up for the layaway program since I didnt really want to finance it and wanted to get in on it before it closed. I had to sign a contract stating that if I cancelled it would require a 25% "restocking fee". Very stupid on my behalf. Hindsight is 20/20. After requesting cancellation, which took two full business days and a phone call to get a reply from my email, Mike informed me that I would be eating $475 due to the restocking fee. He then agreed to allow me to purchase a few items from GTM to avoid losing $475. Finally, after another few phone calls and 7 days later I got an invoice that was literally $600 more expensive than what I could get the items for from another vendors advertised pricing. I gave it some thought and decided that I would gladly loose $475 for a "restocking fee" for a product that isnt available, than giving this company another dollar. Even if I would have payed in full, the company couldnt fulfill their contractual obligations of "once the invoice is paid in full, we will ship your purchase". But, I signed the contract like a dummy and they had me by the testicles. I sent them a long email explaining my disappointment with the company and its customer service, and requested a refund. It took another 8 days to receive a reply. Although I will say that I had my money back 4 days later. Mailed in by check.

Its safe to say that I will not be doing any future business with GTM. Mike is a very nice guy. I have nothing bad to say about him as a person. GTMs lack of customer service is astounding considering how much money they have tied up in this project. In the end I lost $475 dollars for absolutely nothing. It sickens me to think about it. I dont have any regrets from loosing the money to spend the rest of it at a company who I feel wants and will strive to retain my business.

Sorry for the rant..... Its been on my brain for a bit and there is no where else to post this.

Truly sad.
Alkatraz any words?