View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #2314 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
I'm looking at tripods..what do you guys think of this:
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics 70-inch Adjustable Pistol Grip Head Tripod: Camera & Photo

There are not many reviews yet for this product, which I think is relatively new. I also looked at monfrotto tripods, but they can get high in price for a good setup. I'm just an amateur, and my gear does not get abused much.
I'm not familiar with it, but with all of the options that it gives you, it wouldn't be a bad place to start.
The thing that pops out in my mind can be either very good or very bad. The quick-release latches on the legs can be a very good thing, allowing quick adjustability, but they can also be a very bad thing if they don't hold tightly.
$80 is a relatively cheap investment if it works well. I paid almost that much for my ball head only.

The reviews all look pretty good.

*Warning: If you do buy it, watch those rubber feet. Anything like that tends to fall off. I've got one on my monopod and I've "lost" the dumb thing at least three times. Had to wander around in my yard for about a half and hour before I finally found it.

Last edited by TreeSemdyZee; 12-16-2013 at 01:16 PM.
TreeSemdyZee is online now   Reply With Quote