View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_STILLEN View Post
Dealerships can install most of the parts. Some dealers seem to have some issues with the Gen 3 intakes because they don't read the instructions. I have never seen a dealership with a dyno for tuning so I would say no.

Most companies will not provide this type of guarantee on parts that are very similar for several reasons.

1) Dyno numbers of parts, if not mounted while the car is on the dyno and the car stays strapped down will very slightly.
2) Temperature, humidity, and pressure all change your dyno numbers. So depending on the time of day the pulls are done the number will change a little.
3) Dyno numbers can be manipulated to show more of less gains and unless both companies are present I don't see them agreeing to this from a non-credible third party.

If you want a guarantee that (for example) the Gen 3's will make more power that the ______ Brand short ram intakes, we will do that all day. If testing has show very close numbers though there are too many variables for most companies to feel okay with a guarantee.
I'd just like to see what "a tune" will do for me.
I have Stillem G3's, a Stillen UD pulley, a Stillen CBE, a Stillen front bumper, besides that, test piptes and Momentum Headers.
I just want to see a tune get me xxWHP for the cost of a tune. (I know other parameters are played with, but I'm just wanting to measure WHP)