View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #79 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckshaw View Post
Thanks guys!

Yeah both rear v-bands are leaking. I loosened everything from the waste gates back to the y-pipe but just couldn't get them to line up flush. They're really close, but off just enough that they leak a little. I put some red rtv on them both and tightened everything down. I'll check it in the morning and see if that did the trick.

Tune is scheduled for Friday!!!
The V-bands are a bit of a pain because the flex couplers are stiff when new, and ther is always slight warping no matter what you do when welding. I have tried to tack weld the V-bands in 8 places before doing a solid weld, but they still warp ever so slightly. You will never hear an exhaust leak though..because the warping is very minimal, invisible to the naked eye.

After a few heat cycles the manual calls for re-tightening things, because it takes a bit of time for everything to "seat". I am assuming you have some condensation leaking, and that is normail at first. It will go away once you drive the car and park it again...may only be present on cold starts.

The most important things is that there are no leaks before the turbo, and on the downpipe where it clamps on to the turbine housing. This would mess with spool, and the wideband reading. That is why I made the modification to the down pipe, so there is no chance of it leaking at the turbo.

If there is anything else I can do/help with...I am only an email away
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote