View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #921 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
christmas comes early for johny hendricks GSP just vacated the title

so I dont see anyone beating him to claim it.. whos the other contender? you think robbie lawler has done enough or needs one more fight?

my guess is since matt brown is out of the condit fight you will see a hendricks condit rematch to fill the empty slot...lets see
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiP View Post
I'm so glad for johny, he deserves to hold the title
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
It was Hendricks belt anyway. I wouldn't want to get back in the octagon again after taking that kind of beating either.
It's not Hendricks' title. He and Lawler fight in March for it:

Quote:
Citing undisclosed personal issues, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre announced Friday afternoon that he will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from the sport of mixed martial arts and vacating his title, effective immediately.

The news comes less than a month after St-Pierre’s grueling split decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 in Las Vegas. The win marked GSP’s ninth successful title defense.

On the media teleconference with St-Pierre, UFC President Dana White announced that Hendricks and Robbie Lawler will fight for the vacant 170-pound title on March 15, 2014, in Dallas, Texas.

Stay tuned for more details, including comments from St-Pierre and White.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote