View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
jooonnn
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo
jooonnn is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Need Advice on Square Wheel AND Tire Setup for 18"

Hey there guys! i'm a bit new to this but i have been doing quite a bit of searching and learning about square setups based on other members' experiences here.

I currently have a set of nismo wheels on my nismo, with 285 square summer tires. I recently got in an accident that totaled my DD so now my 370Z will have to be the DD for the time being.

I was looking to buy a set of Forgestar F14 wheels or similar in an 18" setup and using some all-season tires or longer lasting summer tires when i'm not out doing autocrosses and basically driving in colder weather. It doesn't really snow down here or get TOO cold for that matter in South Carolina.

I'm a bit unsure about what offset to choose as i know i'll need a spacer in the rear. I'd like to stick to the hubcentric spacers that are easier to use IF possible, from which i understand require a 20mm or more.

The benefits of me going square are: Tire Rotation Ability / Wayyyy more Tread Life (relatively speaking) / and the experience of seeing how i like the square setup that may lead me to use these as my new track wheels

With all that said, i was thinking about going with the F14's in a 18x10 +35 with a 15mm spacer in rear or +30mm offset with a 20mm spacer. I'd like to stay around stock nismo alignment settings if possible as i am on stock height currently. I'd like to use the "meatiest" tires possible like a 285/40/18 or a 285/35/18 but i'm worried if they will fit. I do not want to roll my fenders.

Does any of this sound like a good idea? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! This forum is my temple of learning!

Jon