View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
puckshaw
Track Member

Drives: 09 PW 370Z Touring
puckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to allpuckshaw is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
I can't remember if I put this in the manual...but when you clock the turbo, remove the compressor cover completely and put a bit of engine oil on the large O-ring that seals the compressor cover to the back plate. It will make clocking the turbo easier when it is bolted to the manifold. When you are clocking it, all the turbine housing and compressor cover bolts will need to be loose. Once you have everything clocked, just snug up one bolt on each side (compressor and turbine). This will prevent things from rotating when you pull the turbo off to tighten the rest of the bolts.

Also, a bit of oil on the inside of the silicone coupler at the turbo compressor outlet will make things a lot easier. The new silicone couplers on new aluminium tubing can bit a bit difficult due to high friction. Oil will make things a lot easier.
Cool thanks for the tips It was pretty easy to clock it on the workbench with just loosening the bolts but I won't complain if I can make it even easier