View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #1036 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestz View Post
I have the potenza S-04 on my fronts, and they are great tires, but compared to the RE-11 they aren't up to par. they are very sticky it takes a lot to get them to squeal like little piggies. and they do last a lot longer than the RE-11. but IMHO I would either stick with the RE-11 for good traction purposes or try for the michelin. I have also used the Ventus V12 and I really like them as well, they are about on par with the S-04. If i had the money, I would choose either RE-11 or Michelin. probably the best tires for the money.
Called Tire Rack and they do not make the RE-11A (99W) in 265/35's and the old 98W (RE-11) they are out of.. S04's were rated better than Pilot PS2's only Michelin in stock that is not being discontinued or on back order while they re-tool for the tire at mfg.

Sorta sux with my tire size needs, that the biggees are re-tooling and no ETA or a date given of 1/3/14 for my Pilot SS 285/35's. Do not and cannot wait until then and they will probably do the same like they did two times prior and give a date and then that the date comes around they move it out further. Waiting since Sept.

So I ordered the S04's 265/35 & 285/35. I was gonna go AGAIN with the RE11's since I could not get Pilot SS, but that failed of course - murphy's law.

Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it .
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote