View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree more. A quality HFC(F.I.) will provide a cleaner note, if you like loud and ballsy, RTPs are for you. Power wise is pretty moot. I will say, whole cruising or digging into it, the RTPs do have a bit more of a fun factor with that nasty note coming through.

Or **** it, go TT and get the best of everything,

Just a note, some exhausts turn to complete *** on test pipes. MY old HKS and ARK GRiPs responded like hell to berk TPs(maybe the Helmholtz dont like TPs|?). MEanwhile my F.I. CF CBE was just amazing with my RTPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanZ View Post
To piggyback to that, I would highly recommend Fast Intentions Resonated TPs, as well as Resonated HFCs. Both will give you the quality and gains you're looking for. They come with an 8" resonator build right into the downpipe, whether in the TP, or immediately following the 300cell cat of the HFC.

After doing a lot of research of dyno charts and comparisons of HFCs vs TPs, the #'s are right around 1-2 hp higher at the peak for the TPs, but slightly higher in the midrange of the TQ levels of the HFCs, so basically nothing unless you're looking for "bragging rights" on a dyno chart.

IF you're planning to remain NA, I'd recommend HFCs>TPs. Keeps your exhaust sexy sounding with no rasp, and will give you the gains you're looking for.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote