View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
Well unlike some cars, the Z uses the same bulb for the high beams. Correct me if I am wrong, but it uses a mirror of sorts to simply deflect the light from the bulb up. Hence the sound it makes when high beams are engaged. It doesn't really prove much though. Only that either the bulb is dead or a wiring problem.

I think many people that have experienced ballast issues have the bulb go on for a few seconds and then turn off? But I could be wrong. Just things I have read from others.
correct. when the ballast is going, it usually flickers or makes buzzing sounds when you flip the headlights on, but no light appears. usually ballasts dont go bad too often though. bulbs on the other hand can go quickly
chops is offline   Reply With Quote