View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #31 (permalink)
Gadgetech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: The Short Bus
Gadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@GTM View Post
Knob 9 was also completely drawn from scratch to a style I like so some differences between it and the TK knob I can point out from looking at it(I don't have a TK knob to look at so I can't tell you exactly) would be that to make it more comfortable I smoothed the transition from the ball area to the finger hold by filleting it, also it looks like the TK knob is too small for the top of the shift boot whereas this knob will blend to the diameter of the top of the boot nicely. I'm trying to update the poll with the new options if any body has any more requests feel free to tell me.
Quick measurements at the flare on the bottom of the factory and TK knobs -
TK = 1.293
Factory = 1.473
Difference of .18 inch or 4.57 mm

It is smaller but it doesn't look too small.