View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
1. Why install a GT-R start button? What am I missing? It does not look like it'd be visible in the dark, but is it? other than it being from a GT-R is there anything else?
It's cheap, easy, and you get to see it every day. It's less useful when you don't know it's the GTR version and/or the white one is an Altima version. It's not any more or less visible, if you ask me. But I like it! It's a good, easy way to get under your center console and feel the pain it is to work in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
3. Why is such a huge deal made over if the car is auto or manual transmission? We can respect another person's sexual preference, religion, political leaning, and even if they are a vegetarian, but for some reason AT vs MT is a point of contention that will not rest.
We get regular discussion on this, but not really any seriously insulting trolls on it. I think for the most part both Auto and Manual are respected around here for what they are. Unlike many cars where the Auto really is weak and adds nothing to the car, it's solid on the Z and adds to the car. When you're buying into a $30-$45k sports car with high insurance top ends, you tend to leave behind the lower half of the car enthusiast child-trolls.

Other car forums are far more vehement in their A vs M discussions...and it never converts anyone.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote