View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #507 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
I had nav in my heart from the start, even looking at the 2014 Mustang and a 2013 Toyota Avalon. I do agree that the stereo will need new speakers, I like to crank it to 11 and the sound it just not there. Very odd considering it has Bose in it.
The Bose system is a cohesive unit with everything matched parameter wise, and the drivers are tuned to the EQ in the Bose amplifier if I'm not mistaken.
We've curved the response in driver and passenger positions and it's relatively good down to 40 Hz.

Changing the drivers will necessitate consulting some of the guys that have done so and know what drivers to get. Most Navi guys end up buying a speaker or line to amplifier adapter then replacing all the drivers and adding a 200 x 4 2 Ohm amp and a 2 x 12 custom enclosure in the rear with a 1000 x 2 ohm amp.
It's quite expensive, unless you buy BOSS kits.
PS: Most guys that go that route end up adding 200 lbs of noise dampening materials in the doors and cabin due to Noise and Vibration induced by the radically increased music/low freq volumes.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote