View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post
For starters, straight water in a cooling system, is not the best coolant for those who think this way.

The cooling system is designed to meet a certain specification. Let's say it's cruising at 70 mph, A/C on, ambient outside temp 120 F for 6 hours with a standard 50/50 coolant mix. Most cars will never need to endure those conditions. So, the standard 50/50 mix will get the job done. If you increase the coolant's BP to 375 F using waterless coolant, the question you need to ask is why do I need to do this when the standard 50/50 mix works just fine? And, if your running a coolant temp of 350F with a waterless coolant, your oem rad probably can't reject that amount of coolant heat. Engine seals may begin to fail, water pump may fail and maybe catastrphic failure of the engine because it's not designed to run at 350 F. Now how hot will your oil temp be? Sounds like pure racing stuff. Using this stuff to remedy an overheating engine is not the way to go. Over heating of the engine, i.e. coolant sytems is probably a problem with the radiator, water pump or partial blockage to the flow of coolant somewhere. Fix the problem and don't use a band aid fix. In summary, the waterless coolant has it's use like in racing, I assume imho.
Just as an FYI, race cars, use 100% water, MAYBE with additives, but not a 50:50 coolant solution or anything close to it

Last edited by DEpointfive0; 12-09-2013 at 09:10 AM.
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote