View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
redzoneos
Base Member

Drives: none yet
redzoneos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Absolutely run winter tires if you're going to drive in the winter. Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking.
I live in Algonquin IL (its like 20 minutes west of Schaumburg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmjaxx9 View Post
Buy! and sell later if u want cars are like shoes switch em every few weeks and you can keep running.
LOL, if only I could do that, I would be one happy man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
probably don't need to spend that much on winter wheels/tires unless you are looking at expensive wheels. i spent about $1200 combined. check out this thread:

My Winter Rims/Tires Setup: TRMotorsport C2 + Blizzak LM-25 w/TPMS w/pics (AK370Z)
thanks for the link, I hadn't don't much research on the packages. 1200 or so sounds a lot more reasonable then my random expectation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetech View Post
I bought a 2014 with substantial discounts and love it. I was fully planning on driving it daily but I have a 2001 Mustang GT that I'm using for that task now. I got a base car with the sport package. I wanted a car with the non-Bose stereo b/c I'm not that impressed with the software Nissan has on their Bose stereos and I wanted the cubby at the top of the stack rather than a screen. I wasn't planning on spending anything on mine either...$2k later and here we are. I've wanted a Z car for a long time and despite the wife's desire I not get one...I figured it was time. We don't have kids and I'll be 40 next year.
haha good for you man glad you got what you wanted. I'm 33 and single so I don't really need to worry about the desires of others. yet.

One more question if you guys don't mind. Roadsters in the winter, any issues with this? Don't see convertibles often out on the roads in chicago winter, probably for good reason but is this a possibility or just stick with the coupe?
redzoneos is offline   Reply With Quote