View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #411 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
My last post was in response to this I meant to post with it. Sorry..

Ya, I have had that issue on my own lights, I swapped out the dual fulfillment bulb and installed LEDs, also swapped out everything else I could with LEDs to cut down on heat.

I never though about the sun baking the lens and focusing the light. Makes sense that could be the issue. I wonder if a lite tint on the front of the lens would fix it.

I can tell you I already tried the high temp paints and it bubbles faster than Krylon. I think we need to come up with a small spacer to fit behind the shroud that pushed the lens back enough that the sun can't reflect off it. Nothing major but 1/4 may fix the issue. Or use a light tint on the face of the lens to cut reflection down.

I am about to rebuild mine with a ton of bells and whistles, I will try it out and see if it can be done. The LED Turn Signal Bulb I use is same length as the stock so I will have 1/2 to play with. I'll take some pictures and see what I come up with.

Anyone want to hook up computer fans to there lights ...
Computer fans! Lol

I'll take lots of pictures and report back as well. My lights are going to have dual XBs, color changing demon eyes tinted flasher lens and using Automotive paint. It shouldn't be long til I have them back

I also was experimenting with different positions for the demon eye LEDs. I was going to drill holes in the mirror shroud behind the light, but decided to try the weatherproof led strips instead. I'm hoping to stick them on the top edge of the mirror shroud and go around that lip with enough LEDs to put out a good glow and not have to drill anything. When I took my lights apart I found someone had broke that piece and it was dangling free in there broken off the brackets. So I had to epoxy it back together. I'm worried that if I start drilling holes in it it will just break again so trying the strips out.

I'll take lots of pics and post them when I'm done.