View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #75 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogirl View Post
While watching some college bowl games today I was wondering what the compression is on a Porsche 911 Turbo. Turns out that car's compression is 9.8 so I feel I made the right decision on the 10.1 compression on my new built engine... Whats funny is the gtr is 9.1
I wouldn't worry too much about CR. The key with these builds is bearing clearances. Way too many shops say that they "build" engines, but that doesn't mean that they know HOW to build an engine. I am not sure who is doing the build for you, and it doesn't really matter to me. All I know is that I can't even count how many VQ35DE's had spun journals due to clearances being too tight. So, just make sure you get it all sorted out while it is all out of the car, and that you have a true expert with experience assembling your bottom end.

Good luck with everything, I really hope you have a postitive, trouble free experience with all this. The end result should be rewarding.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 12-07-2013 at 05:50 PM.