View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
paperboy42190
Base Member

Drives: 2007 Acura TL Type-S
paperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to allpaperboy42190 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Another idea is a spacer to push the lens deeper in the projector housing.
I think the amount that it would be needed to be pushed back would make it look pretty off. It would be basically using the halo as the "eyelid" protection from the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
How about tinting the bottom half of the projector lens. would that work?
well, if its only the bottom half, that would mean the top half is still subjected to the sunlight, so yes it'd help but I dont think it'd help enough. Also, it would restrict some of the output from the turn signal.

If you look across different forums such as clublexus and s2ki, they have similar issues too. All the issues are from the projector lens focusing too much light and melting the housing. The "fix" from Honda was that for the AP2 headlights there is an aluminum plate integrated into the housing in that area so it doesnt melt. Earlier today I went to buy a sheet of aluminum from home depot, I will paint it using high temperature enamel, and placing a carefully cut strip in that area. I think this method will be the most practical without looking ugly.

AP1 Headlight blisters/bubbles... - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums
2011 Headlamp Bubbling Defect - Club Lexus Forums
06-08 Gloss Black Painted Headlight Blistering Problem! - MY350Z.COM Forums

I will post pics of the fix soon.
paperboy42190 is offline   Reply With Quote