View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
and my G and Z are both modern cars and are floating fine, so as many others who use battery tender on their modern cars. so to me, if it's not the battery tender, and if it's not your battery, then it's your car.

did you say you bought the car used? if so, there might be a reason why the original owner sold the car..

im not sure if doing a PSA from one bad experience on your one car is a good idea or not? not enough proof or testing when you are probably the only one person with a z that mentioned having problems with the battery tender? i could be wrong but i dont remember reading any other z owner here complaining about the battery tender?

and the sales assciate you spoke to at deltran. probably just wanted to get rid of you.

my suggestion is you check youtube on how to test parasitic drain. some cars (even stock) have more drain than others.
The PSA part of my post is because the manufacturer that makes the charger said it isn't supposed to be used on the 370z. Their words, not mine. Take that information as you will but I have already verified my charger is not faulty and neither is my battery/z. Making claims that my Z is somehow damaged from the previous owner is beyond asinine. Especially since "parasitic load" isn't damage in the first place, and there's no way the previous owner sold the car because of that. I actually know the reason the previous owner sold is because they couldn't make the payments. Not that it matters at all.

Those of you who claim your battery tender jr. has been working just fine on your Z - Have you actually verified that with a multimeter? And was this during long term storage or were you also starting up and/or driving the car during the storage period? I have no access to my z in the winter so a tender is my only option (or nothing).

Last edited by Vaughanabe13; 12-05-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote