View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
It's possible the charger is bad, however I followed the procedures given to me by the manufacturer and the charger is supposedly fine. I also used the same charger on my other car (97 maxima) and it was working fine and the light changed to solid green after a couple days (and I verified the battery voltage on the maxima had increased). So I really think it would be a waste of time to try another BTJr when it's a substantial annoyance to drive 4 hours just to get access to the car (round trip).

And yes, modern cars these days have lots of processors and computers that are drawing power when the car is off. It's entirely plausible the quiescent draw of these cars is higher than typical. On the phone they told me flat out that the Jr. would not work properly on this car, so regardless of whether or not I buy the Plus version I'm not just going to ignore what the manufacturer says about their own product.
All valid points. Plus, at the price of trickle/float chargers nowadays, probably not worth the time/effort to troubleshoot.

But there does appear to be something wrong somewhere. I'm not familiar with the BTJr but, judging by the comments of those who are, it should do the job. If it's not the charger then I suspect you have an above normal parasitic load for some reason. I'd put a meter on it and check - if for nothing else than my peace of mind.

Please keep us informed as to what you find out. My curiosity is piqued.