View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos_370z View Post
faceglide do you know the whp gains with this filters. If you tell me that you preferred this intake between the Gen 3 have to be a great intakes....

Thanks
Was a difference of 3 hp and l;ike 20 ft lb torque....imho the difference was moot as different day has different results, weather, ECU adaptations, fuel quality etc, as the runs were months apart, I take it as wash, but I preferred the feel on the R2Cs, as well as the ability to keep them clean. Clean=Power...no one can contest that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
It seems to have the same IAT issues all short rams have.
R2C Intake Installed
Absolutely. Everyone who was monitored IATs will know that at idle, is the greatest delta between CAI and Short Ram Intake(SRI), well that difference is nullified by 25mph(this is even sited in the post i believe). 25mph.....I would rather have clean, dry filters 24/7 as this provides a real world benefit vs an ideal setting benefit..

Theres nothing wrong with CAIs, but it is my opinion that clean, dry, free flowing filters will provide greater benefits vs dirty ones. Now if you plan to spend all yourr time pushing the car from 0-25 mph, then CAIs are amazing!
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote