View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i would check your car for abnormal parasitic draw before blaiming it on the battery tender.
There's nothing on my car drawing unnecessary power and the intelligent key battery is pulled as well so the car isn't communicating with the key. Car is stock and nothing is plugged into the adapter ports. There's really nothing it could be and the battery tested solid. I'm still going with the manufacturer on this one. Otherwise what would I even do? I'm not buying a new battery because there's nothing wrong with the current battery. I agree it sounds convenient for the manufacturer to recommend the more expensive model, but the Plus charges at twice the current so it makes perfect sense. She also told me how to troubleshoot the Tender Jr. to make sure it isn't defective (which I did, and it isn't) but she said that won't matter because the Tender Jr. wasn't designed for sports cars. If you guys don't want to listen to me that's fine, but I'm going on my third winter now and I'm sick of having a dead battery in the spring on a relatively new car. It may be 2013 now but I bought the car in fall 11 with only 4K miles. There's no way the battery should be dead this fast.

Last edited by Vaughanabe13; 12-05-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote