View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZT View Post
Great short ram intake, easy installation. Probably the best filters on the planet. Ease of access in cleaning them. You can definitely hear the intake. And from what I understand they give some pretty decent gains as well.
Easily this. Don't get sucked into the CAI long tube hype. Past 25 mph, all they do is create a longer intake path, more turbulence and they all use oil filters that will gum up fast and require cleaning(and potentially affect MAF sensors).

Short ram filters stay cleaner, longer, enabling a dry filter to do what it does best...FLOW MORE.

I dropped power on a dyno with moderate cfm blowing at the engine bay when i swapped to gen 3's. I sold them(gen 3) and kept my R2Cs until this past week, TT install very soon so didnt need them.

Oh one thing, they are loud as **** IMO.some love it, some hate it. NO CELs, all performance, no BS. Takes 5 mins to clean filters and back to fresh install performance....can't say that about anything else.

Quality is as good as anything else. If I wanted something different I would try HKS racing sunctions....$$$ tho for little(if any) gains. More of a show piece or JDM swag.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote