View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibal View Post
Any new updates? How is it holding up?!
I am happy to report, with my car sitting pretty at 33672 miles (total 1647 miles driven), my aftermarket CMC is holding up perfectly.

Sorry for the lack of updates - exam week rolled around hard and fast, and it's taking away lots of Z time. But I definitely wanted to keep in touch and let you and others know how it's holding up.

The CMC feels exactly the same as when I put it in - firm and linear, with zero dead play. It's everything I've hoped it would be. I've done standing launches, power shifts, and plenty of spirited driving, and its held up like a champ. I broke my diff mount last week, so I haven't driven it as much and as hard lately.

I completely trust the CMC to last the rest of the car's life. I'm sure it's going to hold up perfect. If I ever need to replace it though - that would be tough. ABS would have to come out again, and the bracket would have to be remachined, since I had to grind the heads of the bolts off for the bracket to sit flush. I'm debating if I ever have to do that - I may drill some relief holes into the frame so I can keep the head of the bolts on the bracket.

But all is well!