View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ34 View Post
Okay so I'm sort of confused. When I popped the brake fluid cover off I see two containers, one with almost clear fluid in there and it's topped off at -MAX and the other small container (almost dark brown / yellow) fluid and it sits between -MAX and -MIN. So....is the second container for the ebrake? Sorry I'm a noob.
if i'm not mistaken, the second smaller container is the fluid used for the slave cylinder which is what opperates your clutch pedal much like the master cylinder does the brakes. i have no idea if a slightly low level would cause the light to come on in the salve reservoir but it may be nothing at all and never happen again. if it does keep happening, i would take note of as many things as i could such as: how long as the car been sitting before you drive it and the light stays on, how long had it been driven before the last time you stopped, does the BRAKE light clear every time you stop and pull the handle and put it back down, etc. then call a nissan dealer and ask them about it, chances are they will just tell you to bring the car in so they can check it out but at least you will have some info to give them. otherwise they'll just go out to the parking lot, turn the car on, see the light go away and say "cannot duplicate" and be done with it