View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Really? I generally go 80 for the initial install and then re-torque at 85 after an initial test drive. After that I check them at 85 pretty regularly (esp during a track weekend), but it's rare any of them move at 85 again. Sometimes 1-2 move a little before clicking on the 2nd re-torque, but never more than that. This is cone-type aftermarkets on aftermarket wheels, though, maybe that makes a difference.
I torque the stock lugs on stock rims to 85 every time and have pretty much the same experience as you seem to have with the aftermarket ones (albeit minus the track time stress). I should check them more often, but I don't take the wheels off too often and they are always fine. As it is, I've only had a couple of lugs between all four wheels ever need tightening on the 2nd re-torque - after that they are always fine.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote