View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
H2O_Doc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 370Z, '12 4Runr
H2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
Maybe going too far south on the spectrum there! Lol. Like I said, it IS a personal preference.
My main argument for those who Must have rear speakers is this.....To hear the music the way it was intended / to hear the music the way it was recorded / to hear the music as if you were sitting in a concert hall, or your favorite artist at a concert..... No rear fill. When was the last time you were at a concert with speakers in Front of AND Behind you?
That being said, many of my customers past and present request rear speakers, and I gladly install them. Whatever makes them happy.
I agree about the importance of preference; you're right that staging is a choice based on what we like.

Regarding concerts, do you suppose that front staged music is a matter of "intent" or practicality? I genuinely don't know, but it seems like it is the most practical way to serve up music and perhaps it isn't too much about what the artist's intent was. I wonder if the distances between front and rear speakers in a concert setting would be so great that the timing between front and back would noticeably off unless you were in the center?

I love live music, but that is a matter of an entire experience (audio, visual, cultural, social, etc.). Live music (focusing solely on sound quality) is almost always grossly inferior to even a modest sound system (a few symphony halls being a notable exception). If my stereo sounded as bad as most concerts, I light it on fire and put it out by peeing on it (I considered doing the same with the stock system that came with the Z, but that might actually make it sound better).
H2O_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote