View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
I ask because last night I got jealous of DE's brake rotor post and went to Z1 to price rotors and ended up buying the friggin Quaiffe LSD. Not sure how that happened, but I got it for <$1000.00 bucks.

So if I am doing the diff I was considering the 4.08 gear option at the same time. I know the dragsters and street guys love it, but was looking for any road racers opinions. I can tell you this much, there is not one track that I go to currently that I even come close to reaching top speed. The highest speed I have gotten to is about 145 on the front straight and turn 1 of AAA speedway. Everything else I go to is well under 130, and rarely touch fifth gear on most of the courses I do.

On the same token, is there anything else I should consider doing while I have the diff installed?

Any thoughts?
Sorry...

How many miles are on your VSLD? And maybe we can swap pumpkins before you do the swap if you're changing gear ratios anyways