View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I use a used oil cooler for something else?

Base question:
Can I use a use oil cooler as a transmission cooler or as a power steering cooler?
What do you recommend I use to clean it out, and maybe more importantly, what about the rinsing out of the cleaner? I assume the residue of let's say Simple Green is much more harmful than a tablespoon of left over motor oil

Background:
So... I have 3 oil coolers. 2-25 rows, and 1-19 row.
The 25 rows are used and the 19 is new.

I'm thinking using selling the 19 row as a diff cooler (maybe one of the used 25s), buying a used 19 row to use as a power steering cooler, using a 25 row as a transmission cooler, and a 25 or 34 for an oil cooler.

As far as overcooling. It looks like with my thermostatic plate I should be ok with the oil, and it doesn't look like much else will get OVERcooled. And I've got the Stillen front bumper, so I have more open space to play with.

YES, it's ALLLLLL overkill, but I like a bit of overkill.