View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
I have a small Z. 98% of the cars out there are bigger. Cop won't even see me. And you cannot radar a car hidden by another car.
So many points here...

1. Car size is irrelevant to radar/laser targeting. They are aiming for your license plate or headlight, which is always incredibly smaller than the entire car.

2. You do realize that a cop doesn't need to physically "see" your car until he gets a ping on his emitter? He gets a ping, looks at the car it locked, visually acquires you, and pulls onto the road.

3. With the PRTs of modern radars, they most certainly can ping multiple cars in succession with no problems. Doesn't matter if you're the 1st, 2nd, or 5th car in a line, they can single you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
You're putting a lot of faith in the car behind you to be paying enough attention to slow down with you instead of riding up on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
If there is a car behind me then the cop is watching him and not me and there is no need to slow down as I stated.
4. I had said that you are in front of another car, and e-Braking to slow down, that you're putting faith in the car behind you to slow down as well... I think you might have misread what I said?

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote