View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #88 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Some of this is a bit odd; a bit like the texting teen thread on the forum earlier in some aspects. Somebody starts a thread expressing condolences to the family, some others do the same, then there are some that feel the need to assert fault in the deceased and their lack of compassion for those involved.

This thread didn't start by telling anyone what to feel, nor was fault at the heart of the matter. People are visited by misfortune of their own making and otherwise; they often leave behind loved ones. Why some folks feel the need to proclaim their indifference for either the deceased or their families here is bizarre. You don't care? ok, good for you, but why do you care enough to post your indifference or to blame those involved? Sure, they were probably at fault and that has been largely uncontested, but somewhere two parents lost a child and a child lost her father. That the passenger entered the car on his own volition doesn't change that. Moreover, the notion that we should be chided for expressing compassion for the families of people who die in accidents of their own making is unfair. I get it, it's the fault of the participants, some people care others don't. This isn't the "expressions of blame and indifference thread" it's title is "Rest in Peace Paul Walker" thread.
This deserves reposting. Do these same people show up at funerals and insult the deceased and try to point out fault to grieving loved ones in some sort of better-than-thou demonstration?

That this happens on a performance car forum many of whose drivers have done stupid things with their car when not on a track that could end in a similar accident is icing...

Not many celebrity deaths have made me sit back and think, but Paul's passing is doubly important to me as it stands as a reminder to always respect the speed, power, and life around you. Is it more tragic than another car enthusiastic death? Perhaps not, but Paul is high profile and lived in a world (at least to our perception) of being above commonman mortality and problems. F&F didn't completely get me into performance cars, but it was the start of the thoughts and of my appreciation for the passion he brought to his life and work.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote