View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #52 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Would you expect a quality job to be done at the dealer? Or if I do accept that fix, should I insist that a autobody shop do the job?

I wonder why even the service manager told me that if the car needs to be repainted, that the best paint job I am going to get is from the factory. I'm so torn on what to do!
It's a rare dealer these days who has their own body shop. Don't worry...They won't paint it back in the wash bay. Usually the work is subbed out to a shop they have had good experience with. I would inquire around town as to which is the best shop in your area. In the end it boils down to the person doing the job. Your service manager is not informed or is not dealing with quality shops..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote