View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #1453 (permalink)
FortuneLSX-TT
Base Member

Drives: 10 NismoTT MB M6
FortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud ofFortuneLSX-TT has much to be proud of

<insert string of profanities> ....
So for those of you who don't know, I have terrible luck with getting rear ended. Tonight makes the third time I have been rear ended through no fault of my own. First was in a McDonald's drive thru when the guy behind me got in such a hurry to get his egg McMuffin or whatever that he hit the gas instead of the brakes. Second time was on the Interstate when a drunk rear ended me at 5:30 in the afternoon and continued to drive into me and then tried to drive off like nothing happened. When the police arrived at his house, he actually tried to call the police on the police.

Well this evening, rear end #3 happened. He is also the relative of some Z owners who were at the Nismo Performance Academy in Miami. This is the worst rear end yet and it's not so good. It also includes my g/f's new Magma Red Z. We were both stopped at a red light waiting on it to turn green. He barrels into her without stopping, and she was then pushed into my car. He said he "looked down for a second" and when he looked up bam....he told the cops he was tired, but I'd wager he was texting while driving. He did get a ticket, now I just hope his insurance gets this fixed ASAP.

And somehow this is the damage to the rear of hers and the front of his car.

His windshield did crack and his air bags did go off. Neither of our airbags went off though. Now the really bad news. Despite how bad my car looks, it's a lot worst. The hatch will not open, and if you look at the damage the rear bumper seems to have been pushed up into the hatch by a good bit and then popped back out. Additionally, my car now appears to be a few millimeters wider or the hatch is now a few mm thinner as the body extends past the hatch on each side. The side skirts are also off by a bit now as well. And I now have a random shimmy while driving, and the alignment is off. FML.

So anyone know of a REAAAAALLLY good body shop that can actually tell when the rear quarter panels aren't right? And/or of a good auto accident lawyer?

On a side note...I should start buying Nismo bumpers in bulk.
GTM TT, OS Giken GT clutch, Greddy Ti-C, Z1 test pipes, Hawk HP+ pads, steel braided brake lines, ZSpeed CSC, 34r oil cooler, CSF radiator, HKS EVC 6 boost controller, Whiteline sways, Swift Springs, Kinetix adj camber package, Osiris UPrev tune
FortuneLSX-TT is offline   Reply With Quote