View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
Sorry but I don't understand getting traction control for a car that has traction control from the factory. Post a bit confusing.
Hey Andre ... good to hear from you!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day.

The factory VDC isn't flexible, nor is it adjustable ... I've hated it from day 1.

Really bogs the car down with it on - and it takes a long time to recover if you've pushed it somewhat past it's comfort zone.

The Race Logic TC has a lot of room for adjustment and it is adjustable on the fly.

You can set the allowable slippage in 1% increments before it kicks in.
It allows you to dial in your car to utilize the maximum available traction.

It works by cutting the injectors in a programmed pattern...and the car recovers immediately.

All you feel is a little miss when it engages so you know it's on the job - and since it doesn't drastically starve the motor for fuel there is no bog.

Did a few test launches today @ 3000 ~ 3500 rpm & from 9% ~ 12% slippage - straight as an arrow and no wheel hop...even with the temp in the mid 30's.

Was able to do a manly shift into 2nd - still straight and it still hooked good.

Did a few short burst accelerations last night in the rain as well.
Work'em Good.

I'm all for technology when it works.

Looking for good weather on Sunday - but the forecast is for showers.
Would like to make it to the track to put it to the final test!

Hope this clarifies my post... IMHO - The Race Logic is superior to the factory VDC in every way when it comes to driving it like it was meant to drive.

Lotus, Aston Martin, and Koenigsegg (I believe) all use this system.

Bob
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote