View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
I got hit with laser once. From the side. There is no reaction time with laser, you are toast when it alarms.
True, but with some traffic cameras, depending on where they are actually measuring at, I'll get a hit well before I come into that range to give time to slow down. If it's a cop with a trigger gun, yeah you're toast, but that's the risk you take.

I don't consider it a Laser Detector anymore than it is a Laser Informer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
Let's be honest, if you're hit with LASER it doesn't matter unless you've got a shifter. You don't have time to slow down.
Even with the shifter, it's tricky. You need to know if laser "jamming" is legal or not in your area. If it is, then you get lased, jam it the first time. That's your freebie, your azz better slow down before he tries again. And you need to have the shifters off so he thinks it was just a gun malfunction or errant reading.

If it's Not legal in your area, he could bust you for the jamming, and forego the speeding charge altogether.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote